Powered by Blogger.

Game, Set and Bloody Match!





Ok so I find myself in a position do I pick up the phone or do I wait.
I’m in a stale mate situation with Mr L holding the cards. I’ve received no confirmation letter or communication with my BC nurse reassuring me of the referral I requested to the Royal Marsden.

When I demanded to be transferred three weeks ago via my BC nurse I was told it would be discussed and a letter sent, but once I put the phone down I felt the tennis match between these two hospitals with me as the bloody ball wasn’t quite over. 
  
In a last ditch attempt I phone my BC nurse up, but hear a phone message saying she’s on annual leave until the 7th. My next infusion of Herceptin is booked for the 12th, so this set could be won by my team.

If I was a difficult patient in any shape or form I could understand being ignored, but my request is a sensible one. Place me under one roof with one team and the situation will be resolved. The fact certain words and actions have taken place in front of me has left me disillusioned about the standard of care I’m receiving. I’m the patient, I’m the one being prodded and poked and I will have my way.

Letter from Plastics:

Dear Dr S,

RE: Ms Sarah Mendoza –DOB: 29/07/1970 NHS Number: *** *** ****
      18 M*** **** ****, Northolt, Middx, UB5 5DR

I reviewed this delightful lady in Plastic Surgery clinic today who underwent left mastectomy and LD/implant reconstruction in November 2009 and capsulectomy in 2011. She had recurrent left breast cancer in July 2012 and underwent chemotherapy and radiotherapy which was completed approximately 2 weeks ago. On examination today her reconstructed left breast was soft upon palpation and there were no signs of capsular contracture.
We shall see her again in 3 months time for review or earlier should the need arise, and we will keep you informed of her progress.

Kind regards and best wishes

Yours sincerely

Mr D

See I am not a difficult patient…

Letter from Oncology

Dear Dr S,

RE: Ms Sarah Mendoza –DOB: 29/07/1970 NHS Number: *** *** ****
      18 M*** **** ****, Northolt, Middx, UB5 5DR

I reviewed Sarah in Dr L Breast oncology clinic today when she attended prior to cycle one of adjuvant Herceptin.

Her baseline ejection fraction on a transthoracic echocardiogram was 57% which is within our treatment tolerances. I have made her an appointment to be seen on the 18thJune 2013 preceded by a transthoracic echocardiogram on week commencing 3rdJune. All being well, she will continue on Herceptin on a three weekly basis in the interim.

Yours sincerely

Dr P

Being a tennis ball between two hospitals is not a brilliant position to be placed in. The issues you face with the odd grunt and grown is supposed to weaken your disposition, but I’m a Yorkshire women who wants her referral with zero excuses.

Oh and that letter I don’t understand the 57% bit, except that it is acceptable…. I hope!


My daughter playing the piano with her egg band.. I did this for a competition to win a brand new spanking £1000 camera from Jessops.. sadly we didn't win