Powered by Blogger.

Tea and Cake



Yesterday I asked the nurse who administered the first cycle of chemotherapy if I could see my notes. This nurse is a jolly soul with a sweet disposition. When doing her rounds she makes sure everyone is comfortable and takes her time to log down everything. That’s why I asked her if she had logged the issue with my arm and the FEC treatment I was on. She straight away went to the relevant page within my medical notes showing me what she had written for that first cycle. She read back what she had written to both me and my husband. I asked the nurse so why did the registrar say nothing was written down? Why did I have to go through all that unnecessary pain? With a tilted head and a reassuring tone she said I don’t know. 

She personally understood why I had asked for the referral and was apologetic which something no-one else has done since the damage was done. Her reply, no patient should go through unnecessary pain or stress the treatment itself is bad enough. We both agreed it all fell on communication with my oncology team. Then we spoke about my cardio results and if it had been explained properly. She mentioned the 57% was just within the margins of having the Herceptin. That if I have any further chest pains to ring my oncology team and request an emergency appointment for imaging to be repeated sooner.


This is the first time someone has taken the time to properly explain my results with my medical records present. There are still questions that are unanswered like am I now in remission or not, but for now until I hear from the Royal Marsden there is nothing more I can do.

On a more cheery note I had a lovely time in central London today. I went to a Daniel Sandler make-up seminar and came away with a goody bag. And as a bonus I had Tea and cake at the Cavendish Hotel with a bunch of lovely ladies. The breast cancer lottery maybe complicated, but watching a bunch of women with beaming smiles only makes me more determined… too have fun.



The above ladies have/are battling Bowel Cancer and fingers crossed will be doing a calendar to raise awareness. Gina Potter bottom center is a lady I met via my FB account. She traveled to London to be Daniel Sandlers make-up model for the day. The Picture was taken by the fantastic Stephen Potter, Gina husband.