Powered by Blogger.

Angelina Jolie Being Pro-active on Cancer.


I’ve stayed out of the Angelina Jolie debate because I felt there were enough blogs talking about her very personal choice, but I've now seen her in person and I'm kicking off.. Angelina’s decision to have a double mastectomy was not a rash one. It was a pro-active approach to the possibility of her developing breast cancer, and to me that is a thumb’s up.

When I heard Brad Pitt was having the world Premiere of his movie World War Z and Angelina would be accompanying him it was a must for Sophia’s collection. As I waited patiently for the stars to walk the black carpet event a reporter from an American paper approached me. He asked if there were any Americans that would not mind being interviewed. I silently listened on has he asked a question that hit a raw nerve. What do you think about Angelina having a double mastectomy? I butted into the conversation and said it was her personal choice that no-one has a right to judge. I have got stage 3 breast cancer and it is important to get the message across that there is no cure, but being pro-active and investigating the options out there for breast cancer is the best option we have. A mastectomy is not a cure for breast cancer it only narrows the statistic down and I assure you Angelina will have had all this explained to her. I have been fighting this disease to keep it at bay three years the statistic given to me back in 2009 was 2% on a stage 0 diagnosis. I was told to move on after having a mastectomy that it was all in situ and I had nothing to worry about. I was given the statistic of 5% of returning and three years later it was discovered by me not a doctor.

The reporter jotted down everything I said and he said he admired my attitude to this disease. I said it is nothing to do with attitude but beating cancer and putting the correct message out there. He asked me so what brings you here? I said I have a hobby that both I and my 8 year old daughter share to escape the cancer bubble. It costs nothing and we get to meet the stars on the red carpet. Today Sophia is not with me because she has her piano lesson, but she’ll be here maybe for the Superman premiere.






Then Sky news approached me and they asked the same question. And yes I went on another pro-active rant supporting Angelina's choice.







To top this I’m still painting and Mitch Winehouse is now following me on twitter.


Portrait of the lovely Sarah J Harper.. Wife of Doug who developed breast cancer at the age 52